This is one of the oldest bookmakers in the gambling industry and was established in 1999 and is undoubtedly among the best gambling sites in the world with a large database of gambler’s name from over 200 countries worldwide.
In 2015, this bookmaker struck a deal with its rival Paddy Power, an Irish bookmaker, to merge and that deal was finalised at the beginning of 2016. However, they still operate as two different brands in some countries especially in Italy, United Kingdom and Ireland. 52% of the shares after the merger went to Paddy Power while the remaining 48% was left for Betfair.
Also, this sportsbook holds licenses from several regulatory bodies which include The Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, The United Kingdom Gambling Commission, The Alderney Gambling Control Commission, and the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.
Unfortunately, Betfair services are restricted in the several countries such as the United States of America, Australia, Japan, Republic of China, North Korea, Russia, Congo Brazzaville, South Africa, Turkey to name but a few.